The World Language Honor Society Induction ceremony will be held on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 7:00 pm in the PAC.
World Language Honor Society
Juniors and seniors enrolled in a world language at Watchung Hills are eligible for induction into one of the fourvworld language honor societies (Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish) if they meet the academic requirements below. Nomination and subsequent induction are not automatic. All eligible students must complete the application process described below in order to be inducted.
Below are the academic requirements for induction and a description of the process:
1. All eligible students must have completed at least five consecutive semesters of one world language (typically enrolled in a level 3 course or higher) at Watchung Hills.
2. All eligible students must have a combined cumulative grade point average of at least 7.9050 out of 9.3000 (non-weighted GPA plus weighted GPA) in the world language.
3. Induction is open to all juniors and seniors who meet the criteria on a yearly basis.
1. Students who have met the academic requirements for induction in 2017 are posted by ID number.
* Click HERE for eligible JUNIORS.
* Click HERE for eligible SENIORS.
2. All eligible students must complete an application form. If you meet the requirements in more than one honor society, complete an application form for each language. Click HERE for an application form.
3. There is a $30 fee per honor society, per year. Make all checks payable to WHRHS.
4. Return you completed application form and $30 check to your world language teacher by FRIDAY, MARCH 10, 2017.
5. Attendance at the induction ceremony is mandatory.